Monday, December 12, 2011

Best economy hotel near Universal Studios for 6

I have searched and searched until I am now more confused. I am looking for a resonable priced room near or with free shuttle to Universal Studios for our trip 4\18-23. Not necessary to be fancy but clean and not too run down is very important. Me, Hubby, Son 22 %26amp; GF and 16 %26amp; 12 year old. a suite might work if it provides enough privacy or 2 rooms as we are 4 adults and 2 teens. Price is not the most important aspect but we do need to keep it in mind. Thanks in advance.



Best economy hotel near Universal Studios for 6


bkids, I see you have asked this same question 3 times now in one way or another. I don';t think anyone is going to be able to help you until you are willing to say what you will spend per night. Reasonable priced takes on many meanings for many people. For some people $300 a night is reasonable, or $200, $100, etc......



Best economy hotel near Universal Studios for 6


Have you come across Homewood Suites Universal in your search? It is the #1 ranked hotel in Orlando per TA, and I%26#39;m pretty sure runs shuttles to Universal, and may be walkable otherwise. They have a free breakfast, I believe, and (I think Mon-Thurs) a free buffet/reception at night, good for budget minded travelers. Though most of his comments on the forum are ';different';, Vegasdebut007 wrote a pretty straightforward review of the hotel. If you click his profile and go to reviews. you will find it.





The Rodeway Inn International Drive (NOT the one on Carrier Drive) has received good forum accolades as a good, cheaper place to stay. AdvisorGirl, LE on the Miami and Miami Beach forums, wrote a review that I would trust. Most likely, there, you would need to get two rooms, though I%26#39;m not sure about that.





Don%26#39;t know about shuttles, but Westgate Palace is a timeshare place right behind Wet n%26#39; Wild which has two bedroom units available. They are known for being very aggresive in trying to get people to come to their timeshare presentations, and being very hard sell in the presentations, but if you know this going in, you could consider this. Though I DON%26#39;T ######### doing a deal which actually involves a timeshare presentation, but they might have a decent rate as a hotel. You would just need to avoid any ';free'; meals, gifts, or ';maintenance reports.';




Again though Eddie, I never sure of how to help people when they post I need a reasonable rate. There is just so much variance in that statement.




I apologize if some think that I have not given enough information, I would like to spend as little on accomodations as possible so we can have more to spend on attractions that was the reasoning behind my question. I guess if you need a number $150.00 per night would be great or 700 for the 5 nights. As I have said I have researched and researched and it has become a bit overwhelming I was just trying to get some assistance to try and sort some of it out. Thank you to those posters that have offered great advice.




bkjds, me thinks your going to have a hard time coming up with a proper place at that budget for all of you. Now you did not say whether you would have a car while you would be there. But I think in your case, you would be better off renting a car, getting a house rental at Winsdor Hills, or some place like that, as none of the Theme parks would be much more than 20 minotes away




We stayed in the Hampton Inn North Universal and it was fine, though probably a bit above your price range ( Maybe $95 for a four person room) , but they have a substantial free breakfast, which may help your budget. It is right near Universal and there was some sort of bus, but I%26#39;m not sure if it was free as we drove.





Rooms were standard ';budget'; rooms as far as size and ameneties. We found the staff friendly and helpful.


  • neutrogena
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment