Monday, December 12, 2011

Is goat's milk available in Orlando ?

We are staying on International Drive for two weeks at the end of feb . We have a two year old who drinks goats milk and i am wondering if i can buy it anywhere in Orlando . Thankyou, i am very grateful for any replies .





Is goat's milk available in Orlando ?


I don%26#39;t know any store%26#39;s that sell it but when you get to Orlando look up the phone number to a place called LOGAN%26#39;S BISTRO, they did have it as a menu drink, maybe they can tell you where they get it or they may sell you some by the bottle.





Is goat's milk available in Orlando ?


I found that Meyenberg (they produce goat%26#39;s milk) sell their goat milk (at least thats what their web site said) at Winn-Dixie, Publix, and super Wal-Mart, all of which can be found all over the Orlando/Kissimmee area. I have been to many of these store%26#39;s locations and I can%26#39;t say that I ever saw goat%26#39;s milk at any of them but than I wasn%26#39;t looking for it.




i am pretty sure all publix%26#39;s carry it....the one on vineland by dolly parton and the one on sand lake by I 4 would have the better selections vs the one on central fl pkwy




I%26#39;ve also seen it at the Publix on highway 27, about 4 miles north of I-4.




thanks for this post %26amp; replies. I too am travelling to florida in Feb, and was about to ask the same question as my son can only drink goats milk. I%26#39;m also hoping we might find somewhere that sells the swedish glace - soya ice cream as well?




Maybe some local can help more with this, Perry%26#39;s Ice Cream Co. sells this, they are in NY and I don%26#39;t know if they sell their Ice Cream that far South in any of the stores in FL.




In theory you might also be able to source Buffalo Milk which as an alternative for the dairy-allergic is much nicer than Goats Milk. In my daughter%26#39;s words, it tastes and smells of milk instead of tasting of goat.




I haven%26#39;t looked lately , but Publix used to carry Tofutti- ice cream made from soy. I%26#39;m sure Whole Foods carries many versions of non- dairy ice cream ,but I don%26#39;t know where the one in Orlando is- may not be convenient for tourists.




There is a Whole Foods in Winter Park,its not convenient for tourists but not all that hard to get to either-it%26#39;s on Aloma AVenue,Highway 426 I think




i think publix sells some sort of soy ice cream and or rice based as well....not a large selection but a few varieties....chamberlains nat foods and whole foods have more of a selection but not located close to tourist land....my son used to be allergic to milk and milk by products and we found that he could have hagen daaz (sic) sorbet with no reactions....the chocolate one is pretty good

No comments:

Post a Comment