Thursday, April 1, 2010

How much do you tip a large band?

Okay, sorry to start a tipping post...



We hired a latin band, Orquesta Los Soneros, and wondered what you usually tip a band. We%26#39;ve never tipped one...always had a DJ for Corporate Events. My wife thought I was too generous.



Hell, they were awesome. So, I tipped them $250.00.



Was that excessive???



Your thoughts are appreciated!



How much do you tip a large band?


Off the top of my head and not knowing details I would have said $200 so I think $250 is good. Especially if there were quite a few people in the band and if they played the amount of time they were supposed too.



However if you booked the band directly and not thru and agent then they are keeping whatever you paid to start with and you are just giving them additional money. If you book thru an agent then he gets a cut.



How much do you tip a large band?


My tip would have been a percentage of their fee.



So, how much was their fee?



(Tipping is pretty much standard no matter where you live.



FL is no different than NJ)



Why did you post here? Just curious.



Google ';Tipping guidelines'; and see the answers.



~SRQgirl




Hello SRQGIRL,





I posted here,(Florida), to get a feel for what Floridians tip these days verse(s) UpNorth. I know the cost of living is less here. So, I%26#39;m considering all options.

No comments:

Post a Comment