Thursday, April 1, 2010

Miami with kids

Hi! I need some help from the miami experts, I麓ll be in miami with my husband and two girls for 1 day pre-cruise and about six hours post to kill (with luggage). I麓ll be staying at the holiday inn port of miami. I was thinking on going to Jungle parrot or seaquarium, but I have read very bad reviews and it麓s expensive.Then I thought on going to the metro zoo but I don麓t know if it麓s too far . Can you give me any advice?? What else can I do with two girls (6%26amp;8) ?? Should I rent a car or not? Do you think that holiday inn can take care of my luggage when I return from the cruise for some hours ?? Are taxis expensive? I really appreciate if you can hel me!!! Thanks!!



Miami with kids


Not sure if i can give you great answers, but I will try. Advisorgirl might have better answers. Not sure if the hotel will hold your luggage after the cruise, but I would ask the manager when you stay there before the cruise. You never know, they just might. Not sure about the taxis and how much they run, as I live in Miami, but they probably are just as expensive as other big cities. If you go to the Zoo then yes you would need to rent a car. To get to Metro Zoo, it will take you 30 minutes-45 minutes depending on traffic. Best was to get there take the 836 west to the turnpike south, get off at Coral Reef Drive (152 st) go west about a mile and it is on your left. The Miami Seaqurium is just old, but they have worked on updating. I haven%26#39;t been to the new parrot jungle. But I know they have a aaa discount. You could spend a day out in the Everglades National Park. There are airboat rides and an Indian Village out there along with lots of alligators. There is no place on earth like it. There is always the beach on south beach for the kids. Have fun!



Miami with kids


Hi! I live in Miami and have two boys ages four and six. They love going to Parrot Jungle. Yes, it is pricey but it is close to your hotel and they have three shows that are fun and will keep the kids entertained for a few hours, they also have a nice playground. Across the causeway from Parrot Jungle is the Miami Childrens Museum , you might want to check out what exhibits they will have the dates you will be in town. I have not been to the Seaquarium lately so I can not comment. You also might want to go to BAYSIDE it is an outdoor mall located in downton Miami next to the port . I have not been there in a few years but it is pretty and has a few good restaurants.




Hi! I live in Miami and have two boys ages four and six. They love going to Parrot Jungle. Yes, it is pricey but it is close to your hotel and they have three shows that are fun and will keep the kids entertained for a few hours, they also have a nice playground. Across the causeway from Parrot Jungle is the Miami Childrens Museum , you might want to check out what exhibits they will have the dates you will be in town. I have not been to the Seaquarium lately so I can not comment. You also might want to go to BAYSIDE it is an outdoor mall located in downton Miami next to the port . I have not been there in a few years but it is pretty and has a few good restaurants.




Hi! Thank you for your advices I think麓we%26#39;ll go to Jungle Parrot then, lsat summer we went to miami but we weren麓t able to go there because it was raining so we spent the day in the children%26#39;s museum, the girls had fun but I was looking to do somthing different for these vacations. The idea of the airboat sounds good too! Is it expensive? How far is it?




I was at parrot jungle island today. You can see it from the ship. The childrens museun too. You could go to Viscaya too. Bayside would be nice. You may be able to check your bags at the port with your airline.



Doggie bus, are you the girl who rides around the redland with all the dogs in the school bus? if so how do you make them sit there so nicely?


  • highlight
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment