Sunday, March 28, 2010

1st timer

I am heading to the 500 for the first time this year. It was a late decision and we are stuck staying a little ways away in orlando. My concern is we are flying out at 7:55 p.m. out of orlando international. I figure the race will be over about 3:00- 3:30. Can anyone tell me if I will be able to make it to the airport in time or should I try to find another flight?



1st timer


You should be able to as long as there are no major wrecks on I-4. It%26#39;s normally only about 1 1/2 to 2 hours drive to Daytona. You can also take I-95 to the Beeline and cross over which passes right by the airport-traffic will be very bad for a little while. One suggestion is to leave the race a lttle early. I know thats hard to do especially if its a really good race. However then you can beat some of the traffic.



1st timer


I think you are really pushing it and should look for another flight. If memory serves me, last year the race wasn%26#39;t over until much later than your estimate of 3:30. The first time I went to the 500 we stayed in Orlando, very close to the airport. It took us nearly 4 hours to get back to our hotel. That was our first race but LAST time we stayed in Orlando. Maybe if you leave the race really early and park so you%26#39;re close to the highway? Good luck with whatever you decide.




You will need to find another flight. The race doesn%26#39;t even start until 3:15. It will take 3 to 3 3/4 hours to run. Guess what that will leave you about 45 minutes to catch your flight. Better book hotel room for another night and leave on Monday.




I strongly agree that you should change your flight. The airport run will take twice as long as normal after the race. The traffic is HORRIBLE leaving town.




I don%26#39;t think that the race starts until 3PM...





Sell your tickets -- pocket the cash and there are some great bars with TVs at the airport....





Just kidding --- rethink your flights----



I just switched from a Monday flyout to a Wednesday flyout.



Cushion yourself in case of a rain date ....





Renata

No comments:

Post a Comment