Sunday, March 28, 2010

Which value resort is better?

My last vacation to Orlando, I stayed at POR but I think it is not worth it. So, this time I plan to stay at either Pop century or Pop Music? Which value resort do you think is better?





Thank you. =)



Which value resort is better?


Do you mean All-Star Music when you say Pop Music?





If you can get one of the new renovated rooms at All-Star Music, then I%26#39;d go with that one. I know for sure that the Jazz building has been renovated, but I%26#39;m not sure of the other buildings. Also, in the Jazz and Calypso buildings, you%26#39;ll find the new Suites.





Pop Century is the newest resort and is a little more updated as a whole than the others with more colors and icons, etc. It also have exclusive bus service (doesn%26#39;t share with other resorts).







Sorry you didn%26#39;t like POR; I found it wonderful and would jump at the chance to stay there again.



Which value resort is better?


Personally I wouldn%26#39;t stay at any of them for the price you pay.



You can get just as nice hotel off property and cheaper




Exactly...I find it not worth it paying so much to stay at POR, after all I don%26#39;t use much of the resort facilities...so this time round I think I will choose to stay at value resort (either All star music or Pop Century).





I would still prefer to stay on site because convenient (don%26#39;t have to rent a car) and extra magic hours and Disney dining option.




I would say pop century because of the buses. THey have their own . At all star music you share buses with the other all star resorts. More time waiting for transport. If you have a car, then I%26#39;d say it%26#39;s a toss up. If you like pop culture try Pop Century if you like Music go to the Music one.




i have stayed at all of the value resorts and liked the all star movies the best. i once tried stayingoff site but it ended up a disaster, i missed the service, convienence and overall it was a waste of alot of precious vaca time. it also ended up costing me alot more in the end for my cheaper deal, because of car charges and parking. you dont get the extra hours or preferred seating at resturants, also the dining plan is wonderful huge kudos to that convienence, but you cant have it if your not on site




My vote would be for the POP Century also. It is newer and has its own bus that is not shared between the other value resorts. I don%26#39;t know how old your children are but there is a nice little baby pool and a spray area. I agree with you 100% about POR! Have fun!




I have no kids, will be going there with my husband for honeymoon.





Wow...seems like all the votes go to Pop Century... for myself I prefer All Star Music.. cos I love music and the grand piano swimming pool catch my attention.. =)





I read from a website saying although Pop Century has it%26#39;s own bus, but it is always very crowded and have the longest queue?





As for the All Star, the bus will pick up and drop off which resort first? Music or Movie or Sports?





My last trip to WDW I booked directly from www.disneyworld.com. My coming vacation I plan to book through Small World Vacations, Inc.(WDWVacations.com), it is a Authorized Disney Vacation Planners. Anybody book from this website before?





Thanks... =)




HEY MUZICGAL me too honeymooning their in may im staying at the all star movie resort as were movie addicts..




muzicgal-



The last time I went, (and stayed at Movies) the All Star bus picked up and dropped off at AS Sports, then music, then movies. We also stopped off on our way to the parks, we stopped at the minigolf course to pick up and drop off.



Pop buses go directly to and from and at the end of the day sent two at a time to get you out of the park. We didn%26#39;t wait more than 5 minutes for the morning bus.



As for ambience, I liked them both equally. Have a great time!




We%26#39;ve stayed at Pop several times and really enjoy it. My husband and I felt the same way about POR. I think if you are planning to spend most of your time in the park, you will find a value resort to be just fine. The bus line can get long, but they run them quite often. We found the bus service from Pop to be better than the other Disney hotels we have stayed at in recent years (POR and Beach Club).

No comments:

Post a Comment