Sunday, March 28, 2010

How to pay for parking?

I%26#39;ve read in past threads (yes, I%26#39;ve finally learned how to search my topic first!) that parking at Disney is about $10/day.





Are there such a thing as discounted parking passes for multi-day visits?





If you leave the park for the afternoon, do you have to pay to park again in the evening?





Is parking cash only or do they accept debit or credit cards?





Thanks again for previous advice!!!





Cindermom



How to pay for parking?


Can only answer a couple of questions. I don%26#39;t think there%26#39;s any discounts for parking. Your parking ticket is good for the whole day no matter how many times you leave and come back or even if you change parks. Just keep the parking pass available for the attendant to see when you return or move to another park.



How to pay for parking?


Thanks, Novalobster!





I%26#39;ve just been on ';allears'; doing some research. So far no answers to question #3. I appreciate your help!!





Cindermom




I don%26#39;t know if they accept credit or debit, but ideally you wouldn%26#39;t want to. When you enter WDW, there%26#39;s a row of little parking booths, with cars waiting to pay. When you get up there, you give the person cash, they give you a parking pass, %26amp; off you go. It would really hold thigs up to try %26amp; pay with plastic. That reminds me, if you%26#39;re renting a car from the airport, you%26#39;ll likeky pass 2 or 3 toll booths on the way to the hotel. Same deal- have some American $1 bills handy before you leave Canada. The toll cost is 75 cents-$1. Apparantly, AAA has some kind of deal that you get a parking space close to the entrances of the Disney parks. The same may apply if you belong to CAA-you%26#39;d have to inquire. However, since you%26#39;re going in low season, I don%26#39;t think it%26#39;s really necessary. Parking should be easy @ that time.




Good evening, my friend!





Well we have made some monumental decisions based on your previous advice, so it%26#39;s always great to hear from you!!





Looking at staying in 3 bdrm suite at Worldquest %26amp; renting a car for the whole trip. I never thought about tolls. Whoever thoughtup the stupid idea of paying to drive down a highway shoud be shot!!





Oh well, so much for a ';cash-less'; society. My husband will get excited about hoarding $1 bills, until I tell him what they%26#39;ll be for!





You are right, though. Paying for parking with cash does make more sense. It%26#39;s just you can prepay almost everything else. I guess I was wishful thinking!





Cindermom




Hey Cindermom! Monumental decisions based on my advice! Wow, the pressure%26#39;s on now! Worlquest! That%26#39;s the other property we were looking at besides Horizons! Horizons won because of the pool, but that place looks amazing! It%26#39;s recently been constructed, so I%26#39;ve heard on these forums that once word gets out %26amp;/or construction reaches a certain level the price will go way up. I assume you checked out the reviews on TA. Did it mention that? I wonder if it%26#39;s a good idea to book it now, in case of a price increase. If they don%26#39;t penalize for cancellation, I would do that. Good idea about the car too. Getting groceries %26amp; such would have been awful without one.




Worldquest has a deal on expedia right now, so I%26#39;ve emailed my travel agent to see if she can beat it. The reviews were amazing. I hope they%26#39;re not too good to be true!! They%26#39;re offering free breakfast, and there%26#39;s housekeeping, what more can you ask for!





It%26#39;s alot steeper than what we first looked at, but we%26#39;ve decided to ';go big or stay home';!!





Now that we%26#39;ll have a real kitchen, I definetly agree about getting the car! We%26#39;ll need it to stock up on the ';liquid fortitude';!




Have you tried getting a quote from worldquest directly? Often direct websites are the cheapest options. If memory serves, it%26#39;s www.worldquest.com %26amp; there%26#39;s a little box to click to make a reservation. I had an email request for them too-can%26#39;t remember for what, but I think it was to confirm that they don%26#39;t charge for cancellation. Anyhow, I could dig the woman%26#39;s return address up for you if you need it.




If you%26#39;re finding this pricier than you%26#39;d like you can always consider a 2 bdrm. Leaves a kid sleeping on a sofa bed, but the savings would probably cover the renatl car cost.




I haven%26#39;t talked to them directly yet we%26#39;re still in early planning. I thought I%26#39;d let the travel agent try her thing first (hubby%26#39;s idea).





On the expedia site, it said that 5 exceeded the max guest allowance for the 2 bdrm. Go figure. I don%26#39;t think Worldquest has sofe beds. But as I said, still early stages.





I have to sign off now. Hubby is a First Responder/Fire Fighter. He just got called out. It looks like they%26#39;re closing #1 Hwy here. Weather%26#39;s been rotten all day. Could be a long night.





Talk to you again soon. Thanks again for all your help. You%26#39;ve been a godsend!!





Cindermom

No comments:

Post a Comment