Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Villa for 9



We want to stay somewhere in Orlando, close to Universal studios and such. We%26#39;re 5 Adults %26amp; 4 Teens, and we%26#39;re looking to stay after Labor Day weekend in Sept.





I%26#39;ve looked at most of the links people posted here for recommendations. But as much research as I%26#39;ve done, there is very little information about the companies that do the management. My dad had 2 houses in Orlando (4 yrs ago) under one of these and we got screwed over, not to mention the people staying there. The last time we could stay in one of the houses, we arrived and there was people still living in the house!. So I%26#39;m very picky as to where we stay and who we trust.





Just wondering if you guys had recommendations for companies that are trustworthy and not expensive. If you have a website it would be amazing.



Villa for 9


I hope you find what you%26#39;re looking for, but you%26#39;re not going to find it near Universal Studios. The private homes that would house that many would be on the south side of Disney; because of local ordinances, there is nothing like that around Universal Orlando. Tprpsp quoted a distance of 11 miles for the closest neighborhood: Indian Wells off of Polynesian Isles Blvd near 535 and a little north of US 192. The only thing you would find nearer to Universal would be timeshares and perhaps condohotel type places.



Villa for 9


I have had no trouble with www.blueribbonvillas.com [these folks carry 4*-5* grade homes and are my personal favorite] and www.allstarvacations.com [they rate their properties and I%26#39;ve only had their 4* and 5* houses]





They aren%26#39;t the cheapest, but I%26#39;ve used both and they are very responsible. I do know what you mean though. I stay in Formosa Gardens often and I watched one house get trashed but a bunch of middle aged motorcycle guys who pulled their bikes into the carpeted game rooms. I called the management company [I happened to see their truck there earlier in the week.] and they did nothing. And I swear people are pigs and never take their trash out. I can%26#39;t tell you how often EVERY bin has been full when I arrive.





The less expensive the property the more likely it is to be worn. I have also used www.floridasunshine.com They manage a lot of mid-range units. I%26#39;ve only rented their Executive level house which were mostly high 3* to low 4* properties.





I have not used but like the rating system at www.villadirect.com Several folks here have used them and like them. I think they have the largest pool of homes of all the ones I%26#39;ve listed.




I have also used www.floridasunshine.com for many years and never had a problem with them, as Eddie stated Housing Codes in Orlando won%26#39;t allow you to rent a house with-in city limits for less than 30 days, Indians Wells is the cloest Housing area to Universal but I have never seen anything but 3 bedroom houses there and this would be to small. There are many housing areas in the 15-20 mile range that have at least 4 bedrooms.




Thank you for all your feedback guys.... didn%26#39;t know about the city limits thing, which know explains a lot. :o)




I rent a 5 bed home that has a good company that loks after the hoiuse forthe owners -they do not act as an agency for them as the owners do all their own bookings -the management simply look after the day to day running and in the years I have used this home I have had nothing but great service if I have ever had to call them which is only a couple of times.



The triuble being an absentee owner is that you have to find a company you trust and as your father fond out you cannot trust all of them -that is why I like renting direct -the owner knows I am going in and they get the money I pay which enables them to keep their home up to a good standard rather than having a third party syphon some of it off .





If you want details e mail me on M_martin@lycos.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment