Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Siesta Key vs. Longboat Key

Hi all! (especially SRQ girl)



I have an opportunity to rent a house on Crescent beach (and I mean ON the beach). We went to the Colony in Longboat last year (because of the tennis - both my teens know the pros there).



I%26#39;m trying to talk the family into something new - so found this house on Beach Road. Do you think they%26#39;ll have a lot to do at Siesta Key - because there isn%26#39;t a whole lot in Longboat (much quieter). If you think I should rent the house - any comments helping me ';push'; the idea would be great! Thanks.



Can%26#39;t wait until the kids are out of high school - I%26#39;m getting out of dodge and moving to florida permanently is possible!



Doreen S.



Virginia



Siesta Key vs. Longboat Key


Siesta Village has shops and restaurants to enjoy. Beach Rd. is by Siesta Beach. (Crescent Beach is further south)



The Colony is a full service tennis resort. Longboat is primarily a residential area with St. Armands being the commercial area.



Siesta Key has better beaches and is a little livelier at night in the Village.



You can also rent kayaks, pontoon boats and go fishing.



Is tennis a major factor in a vacation?



~SRQgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment