Sunday, March 28, 2010

sharing disney park hopper ticket?

My wife is attending a conference in Orlando and we%26#39;re bringing my daughter and her boyfriend. My wife will be in her conference during the day when I and the daughter/boyfriend will be going to the parks. At night the daughter/boyfriend will be off on their own and my wife and I will want to go to the parks.





It%26#39;s probably officially against the rules, but I%26#39;m wondering if it is possible to share a parkhopper ticket in this manner. That is, if daughter used the card during the day then my wife would use it at night. Is there anything to prevent us from doing this?





Thanks!





-dragon



sharing disney park hopper ticket?


cant be done Adults have a finger of your choise scanned when you first youse your ticket then you have to place the sams finger in a scanner every time you youse your ticket



sharing disney park hopper ticket?


We just returned a couple of weeks ago, as a party of 6, %26amp; as I held on to all of the passes, they were ';mixed together'; . We often gained access with each others tickets. The scanning machines do sometimes hit a problem, %26amp; the finger has to be re-scanned, but just as often it was with the person%26#39;s real pass. I purposely mixed them at different parks, to check the scanning machines, %26amp; everytime we entered without problem.




We%26#39;re at Disney with 8-12 people all the time and we mix the tickets up all the time just to see if they say anything, they never have yet except when we had a adult try and use a childs ticket.




We did the same a few weeks ago - mixed all the tickets up on purpose to see what would happen and not one was accepted. All 6 tickets had to be with the right finger print.




Our tickets got mixed up by accident and if it said error the man just pressed the button for us to go though,, sometimes we had to sign a sheet.




One thing to consider though-how many days are the passes for? The hopper option is pricey ( i think about $50) %26amp; I think it%26#39;s the same price no matter how many days the pass is for. If you%26#39;re only there for a short while, it may be just the same to buy everyone a simple magic your way base ticket. That way, your daughter will have the option to stay in the evening to watch fireworks, etc. The plan you have makes it necessary for her %26amp; her boyfriend to meet up with Mom, %26amp; give her the ticket. Do the math before you decide.




Thanks for all the input. I hadn%26#39;t thought of that ';mixing up'; business. I mean - what would they really say/do? I know we%26#39;re taking our chances, but I think we stand a good chance of doing it.





For people who ';mixed up'; and got in - did they ever ask for id for the people that didn%26#39;t scan right?





Thanks!





-dragon




They never asked for any ID. Now that I think of it, I didn%26#39;t even always use the same finger! When I used my 10 yr. olds pass, i used my pinky finger. When my charming husband left my pass in a fast pass machine on the last day, i had to use his pass to get into Disneyquest. I just was sure to cover the scanner with my entire finger-to mimic a larger finger. Got in without a hitch!!

No comments:

Post a Comment